Sunday, June 2, 2013

We have finally gotten the stone for Hunter. I just want to thank our anonymous donator and my family. Without them we would have never been able to get it.

We went today to see it for the first time. It was also the first time we have been back since my Grandma was buried there. It was definitely bittersweet. The feelings for my Grandma are still so raw and then the realization this stone does for me and Nathan, it was just a lot of different emotions. It just makes me so happy that they are together. It means so much to me and its such a personal, sacred thing.

 The cemetery has certain rules and guidelines and we had to get a bronze marker




We explored the cemetery a little bit. It is huge! It literally is its own city. It is in the top 5 prettiest cemeteries in the U.S. There are so many old stones from like the 1700's and 1800's.






They also have a pond with tons of geese and ducks so we brought bread to go and feed them. So we get out of the car and they came running at us gawking. We started screaming and jumped in the car on the same side. Nathan hopped in on me and crushed me. It was hilarious. We had to feed them inside the car, we were way too scared to get out.



  

No comments:

Post a Comment